My name is Michael.
So now that you know my name, here are some things about me you won’t get from my name.
- I believe that I am a runner, even though the odds are against me. I’m not built like most runners. I wasn’t always trying to be a runner. I used to play basketball, football, and lacrosse in high school. Running is something that found me after I suffered an injury in football and nearly sidelined me from everything. I wasn’t allowed to have any contact or lift anything while I was injured and one day I started to run. The next day I ran a littler farther and before I new it I was hooked.
- My body isn’t designed for running. I have extra bones in my back, elongated bones in my foot, both which have given me injuries of the years. I make myself sound like a freak but I can assure you I look nothing like a disfigure monster.
- When I’m not running I am an artist. I work with ceramics and love everything about it. It is a part of me that is in a constant development and is a way to express my thoughts when words aren’t enough.
- When I’m not an artist I spend my days as a teacher, teaching ceramics to high school students. I couldn’t have a better job. Of course there are ups and downs but teaching is what I was born to do. I love to talk, I love to entertain, and I love ceramics so it is perfect.
- I have my master in Art Education. This is something that has ruled my life and achieving this accomplishment is a very satisfying part of my life.
- I love running. I know what it is like to be told you might never run again but I also know what it like to beat the odds and come back to running faster and farther than before. I have always enjoyed running. It is a world that I live in and not many people fully understand why I do it. Running has become a big part of my life and effects almost everything that I do.
So now there are a few things you know about me besides my name and if you want to know more then you will have to follow along and read my stories.